Sunday, March 19, 2006

Please, Tell Me It's Spring!

Okay, I've had enough winter now. Time's up!

Tomorrow is officially the first day of Spring, and I'm ready. And yet, as I sit here looking out the window I'm seeing snow drifting to the ground, which, by the way, is steadily turning white and not at all a spring-like green! It seems like every morning when I wake up, I find that it snowed all night. Then every day it melts away, and warms up a bit and we think we've seen the last of it. And then it snows. AGAIN.

Yet, during the earlier months of winter when we were looking forward to a beautiful winter wonderland, it rained. Or it snowed every so often then boom! It was gone. Or it didn't do anything but get cold. And no matter what, the roads were ALWAYS made of ice.

Well, in any case I'm ready for some warm, even hot weather. I'm ready to see the daffodils and the tulips and the crocus pop out, and I'm ready to plant my tomatoes and squash and sweet peas and maybe some pansies and petunias and anything else that'll brighten things up and get me out of the house and into the yard. Heck, I can hardly wait to mow the lawn!

This has been brought to you by someone who has cabin fever and wishes she had a nice second home in a warm state to go for a nice cozy visit right about now. . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy Discount Coupons
Best Buy Discount Coupons