Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Opening a Art Center!

I'm going to open an art center! I think it's a great idea. One reason is because this little town doesn't have one (I checked the phone book). Also, there is little opportunity to work in a small town; at least doing something you like doing for enough money to live on. Something I like to do (besides write) is teach art.

The idea just came to me one night as I was falling off to sleep, then I couldn't sleep at all. The more I thought about it, the more excited I became. I've done this before, mind you, (teach art classes I mean) but this time I'll have an actual classroom (well, an entire finished basement), instead of my kitchen table or someone else's borrowed space. I'll have plenty of storage for supplies like paint, paper, scissors, glue, and art books; instead of lugging everything around in cardboard boxes. I'll have walls for displaying student work, running water for rinsing and cleaning, linoleum floors for spilled paint, and white walls for projected images.

I'll teach the little ones fun arts and crafts projects and everyone else will learn to draw, paint, and take good photos. I might teach creative writing too. Or a puppetry class!

Why didn't I think of this before?

Interested? Take a look at my new Blackfoot art center weblog. Very soon you'll find a journal of what we're doing, and we'll be showcasing lots of student work. You'll find class schedules and registration forms there too. Is this exciting or what???

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
One of the best thing about spring is Spring Flowers. I used to go out to the foothills in Monterey County to photograph and paint the amazing displays of spring wild flowers in March and April. Wherever you happen to live, don't miss the flowers!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading about it.

We are heading for winter over here, but it remains green as it never really gets that cold - just unbelievably wet. It is customary for people to take their shoes off before entering a house, all the mud :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy Discount Coupons
Best Buy Discount Coupons