Sunday, July 09, 2006

Time for a Vacation!

Idaho is a great place to live and I love it. Mostly. But now and again one needs a vacation.

Am I right?

My sister moved to Florida a few years ago. Now, we are originally California people. I thought a move to Florida seemed rather risky, at least compared to Idaho, what with global warming and all. Lately it seems those monster hurricanes make a beeline for Forida. They literally line up to batter, flood, and pummel this state, seemingly attempting to wipe it off the map.

I asked my sister if she has had any hurricane damage, and she said "just a little." What does that mean exactly??? Did a tree branch blow into the yard, or did "just a little" of her roof blow away?

Well, in spite of the sometimes catastrophic weather, I've been hearing a lot about vacationing in Orlando. Apparently, in the year 2000, the Orlando area had over 43 million visitors, making it the number one tourist destination in the world. By comparison, the population of Orlando is a mere 185,000. However, this is one of the fastest growing communities in Florida, as well as in the US. What are all of these people doing there? Are they flocking to Disney World?

Actually, there are seven major them parks in the area, plus many other enjoyable ways to spend a vacation. The best way to explore the area might be an Orlando Vacation Home Rental. I've got it all figured out. If I rent a home, I'm basically saying, "Hey Neighbor, how's it goin'? How about a barbeque?" I could explore all seven major theme parks, lie on the white sandy beaches (keeping an eye out on the horizon for hurricanes, of course), explore the Everglades, check out the historic homes and interesting architecture, shoot a few rounds of golf, and shop, shop, shop! And meanwhile, if need be, I could pack up and be outta there in a matter of mere minutes.

Yep, a vacation in Orlando sounds like just the thing. I'm up for it. (But first, I'll just switch on the Weather Channel.)

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Red Rover said...

Sandra, I enjoy your blogs immensely keep them coming!
Anne Watschke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy Discount Coupons
Best Buy Discount Coupons