Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lifelong Learning - Easier Than Ever!

I am a life-long learner. I love to learn. I spent six years in college and would have stayed longer if life didn't take me elsewhere. I returned to college part-time when my last child was two, then again (full time) when she was nine.

Right now I am teaching art classes, but that doesn't mean I'm not learning. In fact, they say the teacher learns much more than the student while preparing to teach. (You can read more about that in my previous related post.) Now most of my learning consists of visiting the library (I still love the library and I still check out books!) and, of course, surfing the net.

As an alternative to attending classes on campus, the Internet offers a great way attain a college education. Online college programs are available to anyone, anywhere, without ever having to leave home. Can you imagine? Well, you probably can, but I went to college (three times) the old-fashioned way. Well, one of those times was almost as convenient; the college was right across the street.

Now, you can live in Tempe, AZ and earn your degree from Capella University in Chicogo if you want to. How convenient is that? Capella University, as an example, is an accredited university that offers 76 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 16 certificate specializations in business, information technology, education, human services, and psychology. The university serves students in all 50 states and 63 countries. How many local colleges do that?

Hmmm. . . I'm thinking about taking a few more classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best Buy Discount Coupons
Best Buy Discount Coupons